Mobility Scooter Insurance

Does my mobility scooter need to be registered with the DVLA?

You will need to register your mobility scooter with the DVLA if it is a Class 3 scooter and has a maximum speed of 8mph. You will then be issued with a tax disc (this is ‘nil duty’ which means you don’t have to pay road tax), the law changed in October 2014, and it is no longer a legal requirement for you to display this on your mobility scooter.

If the DVLA asks you to inform your insurer of the registration number, we can add this to the notes on your policy. To do this, please call or email our customer service team on 01268 200020 / [email protected].

Click here if you need a Mobility Scooter insurance quote?

FAQ Home

Search our FAQs

Contact Us

Send us an email
Please complete the form options below

Please select the type of policy you are contacting us about *

If you still require assistance,
you can get in touch with us here:

We're open 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 09:00 to 16:00 on Friday, and you can find us at Unit 3, Hadleigh Park Business Park, Chapel Lane, Benfleet, Essex, Benfleet SS7 2PP.